Stream A: Study, Graduate, Get Your PR


Link immigration

At a glance

It’s pretty much a three step process. Bear in mind some details as you are choosing your courses because there are specifications to where and what you study. 

There are so many choices in Canada, we understand it can get a little overwhelming. Maybe we can help, so tell us about your interests and let us do the rest. Meanwhile, have a look at our partner schools!

We have over 100 partner institutes! 

Acceptance Letter

People of any ethnicity may apply, but you must hold a British National Overseas (BNO) passport, or Hong Kong passport. As you are studying in a Canadian learning institute, you also need an IELTs Academic score of Band 6.0 or above.

Anything post-secondary is fair game. Browse around different programs to suit your needs. 

Colleges offer:

  • Higher diplomas (2 years studying minimum)
  • Associate degrees
  • Bachelor degrees
  • Post-graduate certificates (1 years studying minimum)

 Universities offer:

  • Bachelor degrees
  • Post-graduate certificates (1 years studying minimum)
  • Masters degrees

Lastly, make sure you apply for PR within 3 years of graduation.

If you are taking a post-graduate course (Masters, Post-graduate certficates etc.)….

The program must include a pre-requisite of a college diploma or Bachelor’s degree. You should have graduated from the pre-requisite course no more than 5 years ago. 

The education institute needs to be on the designated learning institutions list (DLI list for short) for the degree to qualify you for Stream A. It means the provincial / territorial government approves of this institute providing higher education. 

Stream A also mandates that regardless of the course being delivered in-person or online, the student must complete up to 50% of the program within Canada. 

By the time you submit your applications, you should be in Canada. 

Get some pen and paper, make the checklist. Or download the IRCC checklist

Language test result

Did you know that Canada has two official languages? Both English and French are recognised as a befitting way to pass this requirement. We will provide English resources as it is more commonly available to Hong Kongers. 

Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB): CELPIP – General Test. CELPIP – General LS Test is not accepted


International English Language Testing System (IELTS) — General Training option. IELTS Academic option is not accepted. 

Intent to live in province / territory other than Quebec 

Stream A is not applicable for Quebec. 

A letter of declaration explaining where you plan to live and why.


Documents demonstrating your permanent ties with the place. Including:

    • Proof of employment 
    • Job offers 
    • Job applications you’ve submitted 
    • Job interviews you have scheduled 
    • Proof you have family living in the area 
    • Lease agreements or mortgages 

So you can see there are many ways to show that you truly belong to Canada

Proof of post-secondary education 

All students, provide both: 

    • Copy of diploma / degree 
    • Final transcripts 

They should reflect that you’ve graduated in the last 3 years

Post-graduate students also need:

    • Screenshot from program website OR letter from the school that demonstrates the program required students to have a post-secondary qualification as a prerequisite.
    • Copy of post-secondary qualification showing you graduated no more than 5 years before the start of your graduate or postgraduate program.

Remember, all your documents should reflect education received within Canadian borders. 

Send an email to / 電郵到

Subject: “Request to apply for the Permanent Residence Pathways for Hong Kong Residents”

Body: Write down your name, email you’d like to communicate with, and unique client identifier OR passport number. 

There will be an autoreply within an hour. No need to reply.

  1. Create an account with CanadaPost

    5 business days after you sent the email, CanadaPost will ask you to sign up. Follow the instructions to create an epost Connect account from which you will submit your application.

  2. Check your documents and complete the forms.

    The forms are
    fillable on the computer, no need to print. 

  3. Online payment: 

    There will be a receipt sent to you via email, make sure to submit this with your application

  4. Submit the application via ePost. 

Great job! All the best for you! If successful, the IRCC will ask you to provide fingerprints and photo (if required), and complete medical exams. IRCC will provide medical forms and resources on authorized institutions who provide immigration medical exams.

Approved applications will be asked to confirm your mailing address so they can send you your PR card and a document approving your Canadian PR status.

In case of refused applications, you will still receive a letter explaining why your application has been refused.